Getting an ID Card
Most people associated with the University get ID cards
i-cards are for students, employees, and others who have ongoing, formal University relationships. Other ID cards are issued to visitors and others who have infrequent, short, or less formal University ties.
The following table lists the IDs issued most frequently and the intended groups for each.
|This ID:||Is generally issued to:|
(Urbana and Chicago)
Getting your ID card
- Visit your campus ID Center. Bring any University ID you already have.
- Show a current, government-issued photo ID from the Accepted Proofs of Identity list.
- Smile for your photo!
Fees may apply. Contact your ID Center for more information.
To get any ID, you must present one form of identification from the following list. All proofs of identity must be current, not expired, and include a recognizable photo of you.
Accepted proofs of identity
Passports and passport cards:
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- Foreign passport
Driver's licenses and ID cards:
- Driver's license or learner's permit issued by a state or territory of the United States
- Driver's license or learner's permit issued by a Canadian province or territory
- ID card issued by a state or territory of the United States
- ID card issued by a Canadian province or territory
- U.S. or Canadian military ID
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document
- Enhanced Tribal Card
Citizenship and immigration documents:
- I-197 U.S. Citizen ID Card
- I-551 Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) or Alien Registration Card
- I-766 Employment Authorization
- Matricula Consular (Mexican Consulate) card