Chicago Card Services Overview
On this page:
Paying with your ID at Chicago
You may access several pre-paid debit accounts with your i-card.
- UIC meal plans allow you to eat a certain number of days each week, or a number of meals per week. Chicago i-cards only.
- Dragon Dollar$ are accepted payment at campus-run eateries, convenience stores, fast food locations, residence hall laundries, public photocopiers, and the Student Games & Bowling Center. Add Dragon Dollar$ online with your credit card. Chicago i-cards only.
- A TCF Bank account linked to a student i-card allows students to pay for purchases anywhere a PIN-based debit card is accepted.
Card services for Chicago
The following table lists the most common card services and privileges at Chicago.
|Banking with TCF Bank||Students may optionally choose to open a TCF Bank account and link it to their i-card so that it functions as a PIN-based debit and ATM card.|
Persons who need door access with an ID card receive access as determined and set up by the access control coordinator for the applicable campus building or department.
Enabling ID cards to open doors is not automatic, is not centralized, and is not controlled by i-card Programs.
Dragon Dollar$ are accepted for purchases
at campus eateries, dining halls, and fast food locations.
In addition, UIC Dining Services offers several convenient meal plan options.
|Health care access||Eligible students use i-cards to check in at Family Medicine Centers. An i-card is not proof of medical insurance.|
|Laundry||Campus Housing residence hall tenants access free laundry service with their i-card. Guests use Dragon Dollar$ for laundry.|
|Library services||Students, faculty, and staff with valid i-cards have borrowing privileges. Borrowing privileges and allowances may vary at each UIC library location.|
|Mass transit||Many enrolled students with i-cards qualify for a separate U-PASS for Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) trains and buses.|
|Meal plans||Students and employees may purchase meal plans.|
|Parking||You may use your ID card to enter and exit facilities where you have a paid parking assignment.|
|Photocopying||Patrons pay for copies at the UIC Libraries and Student Centers with Dragon Dollar$ on their i-cards or on red cards purchased at Cash-to-Card stations.|
|Printing||i-card holders pay for prints at U-Print stations using up their quota first, then they pay with Dragon Dollar$.|
|Recreation||Most students and employees may use facilities with free or paid memberships.|
|Ticket discounts to Athletics events||Current students receive free entrance with their i-card to UIC Athletics events|
|Ticket discounts at UIC Pavilion performances||Students receive discounts on tickets to many events.|
- Five things ID cards don't do
- Chicago campus debit accounts
- FAQs for Chicago card services
- Chicago ID Center